Starting February 5, 2014, the Philippines Working Holiday Scheme for New Zealand (WHS) will take effect.
This WHS will allow 100 Filipinos to work, travel or study in New Zealand for up to 12 months. Filipinos and New Zealanders aging from 18 to 30 years old can apply for this special working Visa.
This agreement between the 2 countries were signed by Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario and Minister of Foreign Affairs Murray McCully. The event was witnessed by President Benigno S. Aquino III and Prime Minister John Key in Wellington last October 23, 2012.
Map of New Zealand
If you want to apply for the Holiday Working Scheme to New Zealand, here are the requirments:
Requirements for the Philippines Working Holiday Scheme in New Zealand
- applicant must have have a passport from the Republic of the Philippines that is valid for at least three months before planned trip to New Zealand
- you must be 18 to 30 years old
- you can’t bring children with you
- must hold a return ticket to the Philippines, or have enough funds to purchase such a ticket
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are here
- must meet health and character requirements of the Department of Foreign Affairs
- holding medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years’ full-time university study
- have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional
- must come to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
- has not have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme before.
- Applicants must stay with one employer for more than 3 months in New Zealand
- You must not seek permanent working Visa unless you’ve already applied and granted an ordinary work Visa already
- You can enroll at courses and training for a total of 3 months during your duration of stay
Please Like and Share.